Think about the teaching strengths and weaknesses that you would like to highlight or receive feedback on for your PACT videotaped lesson. How could you capture those aspects of your teaching on video in a meaningful way that would demonstrate your teaching philosophy for your portfolio?
Of course I do not want to highlight my weaknesses in my PACT video. And I think that is one of the nice things about being video taped...you are able to truly look bakc at a lesson and "see" what you need to work on. I would hope that, through seeing oneself on video, we are all able to learn and improve. I often think that I am my own worst critic, but I also see that it would be helpful to get the feedback of others on my video.
I have not yet done my video-taping, so I am trying to ensure that when I do tape that I will be doing a lesson that I am proud of and that reflects my teaching style. I think that my strengths are in being clear and compassionate. I also love incorporating art into the class when possible. Minimizing my in front of the room time is also something that I strive for. I hated nothing more than being talked at for an hour straight when I was in school. I try everyday to be the teacher that I would have liked to have when I was in school-rather than the teacher that I think I "should be". It is so easy when you are the one in front to forget how hard it is to sit still through a period of lecturing (let alone a whole day of it). I hope that these are all strengths that I will be able to communicate in my PACT taped lesson. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're so reflective! I love the idea of having an image of the ideal teacher (from a student perspective) and using that to balance out all the stuff that we can so easily get caught up worrying about. Words of wisdom, Bonnie, words of wisdom.
ReplyDeleteAnd I hear you on not wanting to showcase your weaknesses!